So I am finishing University this semester and have two assignments to hand in before I finish. One due today (6/6/11) which I am still working on :/ and one due by the end of the week. So work on the map has ground to a halt (even though it wasn’t moving that fast in the first place).
In the meantime I thought I would post pics on the work in progress that is 1-2.
As you can see I need to dig out the space between the roof and floor but this is a work in progress. I did leave room up the top of the level to run above it as you can in the game but I am not sure how I am going to allow access up to it. Ah i love the lighting in this shot.
This shot shows the first ? blocks in the level. Once again I have used set back dispensers but this time they are in the wall. Just pressing one of the pressure plates on the ground sets of all 5 of the blocks. This is because they connect and there is no way of setting off one without setting off others.
Also tonight I discovered this recreation of Super Mario Bros. in Minecraft and through discussion with the person that uploaded the video I thought of the use of a custom texture pack. Seeing as I have already created 1-1 I decided that I will continue using the original Minecraft blocks and when I have finished at least world 1 create my own texture pack (will have to find out how to do this) and compare the two to decide which one I prefer.
Just thought I would update the blog and let people know what is going on. I will leave you with the Yogscast’s latest adventure map video. This map is very Zelda-esque.
p.s. This is clearly part of procrastination on my part :/